Monday, March 22, 2010

My favorite story in Lit. Crit.

Of all the stories we had discussed in Lit. Crit, my favorite was “The Forsaken House” which I had reported last time. This story really catches my attention. As I studied its writer’s background, I became more interested reading it. This kind of story could possibly transpire in a real life. I believed that Wilfrido Ma. Guerrero’s early life influenced him to write this kind of story because of what he had experienced from his father in which somehow I can relate with. This story revealed the dominance of male in the Filipino family. Though there were several female characters, Ramon and Tio Carlos’ characters were imposing. The mother was projected as weak and somebody who readily submits to the will of her husband. The children though abhor the situation; they still showed astounding reverence to their father which is customarily expected from Filipino children.

No comments:

Post a Comment